What is PhotoPhile?
Photophile is for managing large photo collections, and is especially effective if you also use Adobe Lightroom. Unlike Adobe’s iPad offering, PhotoPhile is not subscription-based and is not dependent on Adobe’s Cloud. Lightroom Mobile will cost you more and more as time passes, while PhotoPhile is yours to use indefinitely!
- Catalog your photos from the iPad’s Photos app or from Adobe Lightroom.
- Designed to be familiar to Lightroom users.
- Add comments, captions, labels, star ratings and flag ratings to your photos.
- Power sort and filter functions using any combination of your data (star ratings etc.), or photo EXIF metadata, or both.
- Synchronize metadata changes between PhotoPhile and Lightroom easily using the provided Lightroom plugin.
- Publish photos to web services both manually and automatically, based on simple rules.
- Inbuilt slideshow.
- Works as an Eye-Fi receiving app.
- Sync photos directly from Lightroom to PhotoPhile over WiFi using a free, included plugin and a Publish service.
- Sync metadata changes in both directions using the same service.
- Fast publishing of photos from Lightroom.
- Changes made in PhotoPhile to star rating, flag, label, captions and comments are copied back to Lightroom.
- Install Eye-Fi cards directly using your Eye-Fi account details (for ProX2) or with the “Activation Code” (Mobi). No rummaging around your Mac or PC to find unlock codes.
- Send incoming photos to either PhotoPhile’s internal storage, or the iPad’s Camera Roll.
- Configurable folder layouts including date and card name.
- Geotag received photos using the iPad’s GPS or WiFi geolocation service.
- View incoming photos full-screen, as they arrive.
- Easy setup of Eye-Fi card networks.
- Easy recovery of your iPad’s normal network settings.
- Read RAW files directly for most camera types.
- Fully 64-bit optimised.
- Will load and display photos that are larger than your iPad’s available memory.
- Multiple cores are used for decoding if your iPad has them.
- NEON optimised decoding for both RAW and JPEG readers.
PhotoPhile is free to install and test – most features are fully usable even in the free version! There are no monthly charges and no dependence on an internet connection, unlike Adobe’s “Lightroom Mobile”.
|Two-way Sync with Lightroom||No||Yes|
|Unrestricted Eye-Fi Server||No||Yes|
|Unrestricted Internet Uploaders||No||Yes|
|No Advertising Banners||No||Yes|
* Software updates are free within the current major version. Upgrades to future major versions will be made available at a reduced cost to existing license holders.